Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The JOB is finally here...

This morning I went to an interview for a blood plasma center looking for a receptionist. I did not know much going into the interview other than what was on the website about the company. I interviewed, learned about the position, and got to watch how the process works. The job consist of signing in the customer, making sure their forms are accurate, taking a blood sample and testing it for proper levels, and taking the customer to the "blood" room. 30 mins after coming home I got a phone call offering me the job as well as a promotion after training to be the "New Blood Donor" receptionist. This is a step up on the receptionist scale as well as M-F 9-6. This was very exciting because this is the job I was hoping to move into once I could show them what I was capable of. As the "new blood donor" receptionist I am in charge of working with first time customers. This includes paperwork, assuring their nerves, sending thank you cards, keeping contact for donating again, and yes... a pee test... ha ha I never saw myself as much of a medical assistance! Although I was supposed to interview for another company tomorrow I have decided to go ahead and accept this job and I start Friday! I guess I gotta go buy some scrubs now! Hopefully more good news to come! Miss everyone! Love you!

1 comment:

The Langfords said...

Congrats!! How exciting. You will have to post pictures of you in your scrubs to match Lee's first day. Love you!!